f

Monday, February 20, 2012

Monday Morning Inspiration

Have you seen the new March addition of Vogue magazine? It's one of their big, thick issues and it is gam packed with lots of inspiration for spring. What struck me most about the upcoming trends was that I saw snakes everywhere, not on a plane but.....
 slithering all over the models like in this three page spread from Lavin
showcasing their snakeskin bags.

 Or this ad from Furla where the model is draped in snakeskin, showcasing their new bag.
 A fabulous pair of shoes from Giambattista Valli.
Another great pair of shoes from Franco Sarto. (I rather like the car as well!!)
 A lovely bag from Dior.
 A Via Spiga trench at Lord and Taylor for only $150.00!!
 Snakes wrapped all over the body from Lanvin.
 Susan Sarandon rocks the outfit in this ad for Neiman Marcus.
Even Express is on the snakeskin wagon with this great little skirt. I love how it is paired with the turquoise and silver.
A fun little top from Longchamp.
Understated shoes from Vince Camuto. But really take a look. There's the unexpected pop of the gold that encircles the shoe and is reminicent of a snales rattle. Fun.
And finally, what a wonderful accent to a summer white outfit. Beautiful shoes and a matching handbag from Hugo Boss.
Go get your snake on ladies!!!
Happy Monday!



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

5 comments:

  1. I had not noticed this trend. For me, this is pure ewwwwwwww. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Shams, my skin is crawling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey ladies, at least I made you look!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This winter I bought some ITY knit snake skin print fabric from Fabric Mart and I don't like snakes at all. It's beautiful...black, mauve and lilac. While it is a snake skin print, it's a lot more subtle than the prints in Vogue. Gosh...it's just plain fun...making something unexpected. I'm going to make a skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did received my issue last week. I love snake skin and prints.

    ReplyDelete