f

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Sleeves On Saturdays

I hope you have all had a lovely weekend. Mine went far too fast. Strange how that happens. So tonight we will finish up the two part post on the sleeve that Felisha asked me to help with.
We began by drafting an elongated sleeve as you see below. You can see that post here
Here is the top I made. 
And a couple of pictures of me in the top.
 The sleeve has a lovely drape. I've really enjoyed wearing it.
The Elongated Stylized Kimono Sleeve
Begin by folding the elongated sleeve that we drafted earlier in half. Fold your drafting paper in half and trace your sleeve on to the paper.
Determine the length that you would like your sleeve to be. I shortened my original long sleeve by 5". The line in the picture below shows this.
Now to get the drape. Measure out 12" from the edge of your sleeve and extend the line you drew in for the length of your sleeve. Now measure down from the armpit of your sleeve approximately 3". Begin with a slightly curved line that will extend and meet your length line. Cut out the folded sleeve.
 Your final pattern will look like the pattern below.
The sleeve I did for my top is slightly different. Once again, trace the folded elongated sleeve on to a folded piece of paper. Rather than a straight line extending from my length line, I drew in an angled line as you see below. The length of this line will still be 12" from the side of the sleeve. Measure down approximately 3" from the armpit and extend that line to the extended length line as you see below.
So that you will not have a point or a "v" at the center of your length line, curve that line as you see in the picture below.
 The final pattern will look like the sleeve below.
Thanks so much for asking me to do this sleeve Felisha. I wore the top yesterday and received loads of compliments. I enjoyed the top so much that I wore it again to church this evening! The sleeve moves and flutters about. It is really a very lovely sleeve. If you have any questions, please feel free to send an email and I will do my best to help.
Wishing you all a lovely week!
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

3 comments:

  1. Awesome thanks for the help. When I complete this project I will email you some pictures. Thanks a million.
    Felisha

    ReplyDelete