f

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Sunday Night Reflections



Lord, you purposely allow us to be brought into contact with the bad and evil things that you want changed. Perhaps, that is the very reason why we are here in this world, where sin and sorrow and suffering and evil abound, so that we may let you teach us to react to them. That out of them we can create lovely qualities that will live forever. That is the only truly satisfactory way of dealing with evil, not simply binding it so that it cannot work harm, but whenever possible, overcoming it with good.

                                                                     From "Hinds' Feet In High Places"
                                                                                  Hannah Hurnard



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

3 comments:

  1. One of my absolute favorite books...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A friend shared it with me a number of years ago and I too loved it.

      Delete
  2. I had forgotten about that book...read it when I was in HS and college. Thanks for reminding me!

    ReplyDelete