f

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

The Mary Bridge Children's Hospital Weekly Update

Have you ever gotten involved in a charitable project and felt that you are receiving more than you are giving? Well, that's how I feel about this project. I am having the best time, a little overwhelmed at times, but always finding the whole process such a joy. Today I thought that I would show you just a few of the cases that I have made. You can see that I take the fabric and get the most out of it.
I love bight colors and busy prints. The four cases below were a medley of prints I bought some time ago. How can you look at a print like this and not be happy? :)
 This is a favorite.
 Corvettes!!!
I have lots of others with airplanes, chili peppers, a Mexican village print that is so bright and fun and even Elvis Presley!!
My little pin bag is getting quite the workout. I just love it. If you are new to the blog, it was inspired by a post from  http://cosircosersewing.blogspot.com/2013/04/antes-muerta-que-sencilla-once.html Isn't this just the cutest little bag?

And here's mine. I have realized that I am going to need to make at least a couple more to hold all the pins as we start getting closer to the 450 and the ultimate 900 count goal. It'll take a lot of clothespins to hang up that many pillowcases! 
I loved how Maria decorated her bag with the ladybugs. I went through my things and found this little butterfly that I bought while on a trip to Belgium many years ago. 
The little carrot clothespins were found in a floral shop in Germany. I was there visiting one of our former exchange students. 

The drive for pillowcases will continue through the summer so there is plenty of time to make a few if you would like. The pillowcases will go to the Mary Bridge Children's Hospital in Tacoma, Washington. Each child who is admitted into the hospital has the opportunity to choose a pillowcase of their very own. They have found that something as simple as a pillowcase brings color and joy to an all too white and sterile environment.
Here is a link to the simplified instructions that I did for making a pillowcase,  http://www.rhondabuss.blogspot.com/2013/06/the-simplified-pillowcase-instructions.html
If you would like to participate, email me at sewbussted@yahoo.com and let me know.
One last thing, if you would like to take a look at all the posts that have been done for this project, you can see them here, http://www.rhondabuss.blogspot.com/search/label/Mary%20Bridge Pillowcases are coming in from literally all over the world.
Thank you so much!
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

3 comments:

  1. Certainly this is a beautiful project that is more satisfying to the soul. I'll put my pillowcases Post on Monday. And ... I have greatly enjoyed sewing them. I received a comment on my post pillowcases (on my blog) where a mother of a child with cancer was grateful for the gesture ... Oh, Lady! That is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So amazing! I love the pattern wiht the fifties ladies that you used for the border with the blue, such amazing images and colors!

    ReplyDelete