f

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Like Sunshine For The Soul

I am sooo behind with the pillowcase posts. Hopefully I'll be able to get caught up over the next few days. Our numbers keep growing. It's exciting to see the project inching closer and closer to 900. If by chance you are on Facebook, check out the post that Mary Bridge Children's Hospital did on our project. It's fun to see that they are every bit as excited as I am :) Here's a link to their page, https://www.facebook.com/marybridgechildrens?hc_location=timeline
Today I would like to share the cases that were made by Laura H. from Delaware. She calls herself, Blogless in Delaware. I love it! One of my favorite movies is "Sleepless in Seattle." Not that these two things are the same, but I was reminded of the movie nonetheless. Laura's cases are just so bright and lovely.



Something that most don't know about me is my love for children's picture books. When I saw Laura's cases, I was immediately reminded of this wonderful book. It's a delightful story told only through pictures. If you are ever in need of a lovely book for a child, I would highly recommend Flotsam. The story is about a boy who finds a camera on a beach. He has the film developed (talk about a flash from the past!) and then finds out about an incredible world that lives on the floor of the ocean.
Laura's 10 cases brings us to 741 and counting!! Thanks so much Laura for your delightful creations!!!
We have not quite made it to 800 yet, so if you have thought that you would like to contribute to the Mary Bridge Children's Hospital pillowcase drive, there's still time. Just email me and let me know if you would like to participate or you can wait and email me when you are ready to send them. Here's my email address, sewbussted@yahoo.com. And here is a link to the simplified instructions that I did, http://www.rhondabuss.blogspot.com/2013/06/the-simplified-pillowcase-instructions.html.
It's hard to believe that we are so close to the goal of 900 pillowcases. Just amazing!
Thank you.
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

1 comment:

  1. They look so stunning and moving all pinned up, thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete