f

Saturday, December 21, 2013

Gifts From The Heart

I so enjoy sharing the beautiful things that so many of you have done using patterns that I've posted. Today, the post is all about slippers. 
When I opened my email this morning, I found this post http://corecouture.wordpress.com/2013/12/21/shortest-day/ from Ruth. She made the sweetest gifts for her niece and nephew, robes and slipper sets. She used the slipper pattern that I posted here, http://rhondabuss.blogspot.com/2012/09/fabulous-free-pattern-friday_20.html.

I always find Ruth to be quite the genius when it comes to being resourceful. Take note of the material she used to make the slippers non-slip. Such a great idea. It's the material that you would put under a rug to keep it from slipping. Another great idea...She stuffed the slippers with small gifts that are appropriate for each child, so not only are the slippers useful, they made great Christmas stockings too! Like I said, genius!!!
Now on to Willi. How cute are these slippers?!!! When Willi sent the picture, she told me that she had modified the pattern and made doll slippers for her two granddaughters.
 Once again, how cute is this?!!!
These two little girls are quite lucky to have Willi for a grandmother :)
I know that there are only a few days left before Christmas, but if you have some fleece laying around the house and you need a last minute gift, you are always welcome to email me for the pattern, sewbussted@yahoo.com. I'll do my best to get it out to you as soon as possible. You can also download a woman's and child's medium sized slipper here, http://www.sewnews.com/content_downloads/Mommy_and_Me_Slippers.pdf
Happy Holidays!!!



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

3 comments: