f

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Sunday Night Reflections

                                                                                                        http://www.sarareneephotos.com/
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn't understand the assignment, and I told them they didn't understand life.”

                                                                                                         John Lennon 



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

5 comments:

  1. Love it - both the dog and the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me of Henri, a city stray I adopted during the very hot, humid DC summer right after college. Henri was sweet but always slow and droopy in her fur coat. At the end of summer, we headed to my parents' place in New England. I let Henri out of the car into an abandoned pasture where the grass was three times her height. Her joyous abandon was a shock--and a delight--as she raced out to the middle of the field, back to me and back out in huge loopy figure eights. The sad little city dog was utterly ecstatic. A vision of pure joy I've never forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elle, the dog in the picture is named Swoon. Such a wonderful name. She belongs to the photographer. You can go to her Facebook page and see LOTS of pictures of this precious dog. She is now grown. The puppy days just don't last long enough. I so enjoyed watching this cutie pie grow up and become a very majestic adult.
      So happy that the picture of Swoon was able to bring back such a precious memory.

      Delete
  3. He will grow up to be so majestic, enjoy those cute grow-up years.

    ReplyDelete