f

Monday, March 9, 2015

Monday Morning Inspiration

Peter Pilotto Fall/Winter 2015/16
Where does inspiration come from? Well, as it turns out, for the Peter Pilotto Fall/Winter 2015/16 collection, it's game boards!!! When I first saw the collection, I thought it was rather interesting and intriguing, but when I heard the design duo talk about their inspiration, then I understood. It seems that pinball machines were their primary source of inspiration. The pieces are geometric, but have lots of movement. I think it's rather fun. So take I look. I did attach the fashion show to the end of the post. I loved how the clothing moves on the model's body and thought you might like to take a look as well.







This is my favorite piece in the collection. The color combinations are interesting and the drape of the skirt is beautiful.



I'll never look at a game board in quite the same way!!
As you go about your week, pause for a minute and really look at the everyday things in your life. You just might find them to be more inspiring that you ever thought.
Have an inspired week!
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

7 comments:

  1. This show is truly inspiring, Rhonda, thanks for sharing! Inspiration does come from the strangest sources! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought some of their stuff (sunglasses, canvas shoes, dress, blazer, top) when they had a Target collection. The quality isn't super - because it's cheap for a specific audience - but the designs were cool. And I love these even more - the organic shapes, geometric lines, and color-blocking! I believe that I will not be able to afford pieces from this collection but thanks for the inspiration, Rhonda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had wanted to get a piece when they had the collection with Target, but by the time I got around to it, the line was sold out. But...we can copy and make our own :) The last 2 dresses would be easy enough to copy.

      Delete
  3. This is a really refreshing, creative look. Thanks for showing us, Rhonda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I heard the 2 designers talking about their inspiration, I just had to feature the collection. Just such fun!

      Delete
  4. Ooh! I love the poecing and the pattern mixes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they great?!! And to think it all came from a pinball machine!

      Delete