f

Friday, September 18, 2015

A Postcard From Maine

Good Morning from Monhegan Island, Maine! I arrived last Sunday, and now I leave tomorrow. How can time go by so quickly? The trip has been enchanting, peaceful, inspiring and restorative. I've hiked, attended yoga classes, knitted, did a lot of writing, saw an art exhibit, and even got in a little reading. So this morning, I thought I would share just a few pictures. I've taken a ton. I won't bore you with too many :)
Yesterday I hiked the entire circumference of the island. The picture below is from that hike.
There are also interior trails that are absolutely enchanting.
Beauty is everywhere. I loved how someone took the time to make a little arrangement on the fungus that was growing out of the tree.
The church. 
 Morning light.
 A cat that accompanied me for a walk.
Monhegan is called the artist's island and art can be found everywhere. 
As I said,I have gotten in a little knitting. Nora Gaughan has been our instructor, and she is so inspiring. This piece is from her sampler class.
And then for a crazy picture of me. From yesterday's restorative yoga class.
Have a lovely day and I hope that you will find something to help restore your soul today.
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

13 comments:

  1. I used to live in Maine, your pictures definitely bring back memories. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pictures -looks like a very relaxing place

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, this looks so perfect :) Beautiful scenery, and I love the look of your knitting. I never find yarn like that, strangely :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would love being here Siri. I'm excited about getting home and making the meditation pillow that you posted :)

      Delete
  4. We who live here love our state and certainly appreciate what beauty we have. I'm glad you had such a good visit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had an incredible time :) Just one problem, I don't want to go home!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos! Now Maine is on my list of places to visit. Thanks for sharing and have a safe journey home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that looks like fun. The nature picture are enough to restore my soul, without being upside down. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a stunning place. You can get a sense of the calm even from the photos. I am glad that you have had a nice trip. It des you good to take some time out from the world sometimes. That knitted sampler is amazing. Both the wool and the pattern match the island so well. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maine is so beautiful and one of my favorite places. Our favorite is the Popham Beach area, so special! I am glad you got this bit of restoration, something we all need now and then. I am sure it fueled your creativity and I look forward to seeing the results.

    ReplyDelete