f

Monday, April 25, 2016

Monday Morning Inspiration/Leisure Wear

Last week I shared that I made it through the lottery process for the Chicago Marathon. I'm very excited, nervous, anxious, and... confidant :) What I have ahead of me is the endurance aspect, but I know I can do it. 

I was thinking about my workout clothes, for the most part, not what I would want anyone to see me in, and yet, I'm out every morning going up and down the streets of Chicago in some very abominable clothing. So it's time for some new cute pieces.

I decided to take a look at the fairly new trend of Athleisure Wear on Pinterest and I came across the super cute outfit below. Now this isn't appropriate for running, but it is cute. As it turns out, it's from Tory Burch, and it's from her Tory Sport line. 


In the Tory Sport line you'll find;
1. Swimwear
2. Running clothes
3. Golf Wear
4. Tennis Wear
5. Atheleisure Wear

I was able to pull out a few videos. I always like to see the clothes on a person and how the clothes move on the body. The videos are only about 10 seconds long, so no need to grab a cup of coffee...or tea :) 







I also pulled out a few of the pieces that I especially like. None of this is earth shaking fashion, but it's really quite pretty. It also looks so comfortable and easy to wear.

From the Golf Line;
 Tennis; 

Running
I especially like the nylon parka. Not great for running, but a great piece for traveling.


If you would like to take a closer look at the entire collection, you can find it HERE. I think this is a great line, full of inspiration. Hope you enjoy it too.

Now, a little something from the Rhonda Files. I was supposed to participate in a rescue flight yesterday, but it was canceled due to the horrible rains that they've had in Texas. Since it was such a beautiful day, I decided to go up and just do a little currency work. It was also rather windy, so a great day to practice crosswind landings.
On my very last landing of the day, I landed and within moments of landing, one of my tires blew out. I immediately knew what it was, did my best to control an airplane that at the moment had a mind of its own. Pulled back the power, pumped the brakes and got it stopped before it went off the runway. 
In the picture below, you can see that the left tire is completely flat. The truck behind the airplane belongs to the fire department. Once I had the plane under control, I called the tower and told the controller that I was disabled. The fireman heard my call and immediately jumped in the truck. He parked behind me with his flashing lights as a precaution for possible landing aircraft.


I handled the incident so well. The guys who came to get the aircraft off the runway, well that's a different story. But, the plane is back in the hangar. It can be fixed, I survived, and you're here reading another Monday Morning Inspiration post! So all is good :)

Have a wonderful day and a great week!
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

19 comments:

  1. Wow...I didn't know you flew airplanes Rhonda! That's impressive in itself...not to mention the challenging landing you had.

    I'm really loving the gym pants/jacket combo with the wide stripe. I had a very similar coaching uniform in the seventies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The collection does have a 70's vibe to it! But it seems so fresh to me.
      Yes, I have been flying for a very long time. I was supposed to fly for a small commuter airline here in Chicago when Sept. 11th happened. At that point, no one was hiring, so I decided to concentrate on charitable flying. Have had some incredible experiences. And, this is far from my first emergency situation. Not what I want, but it all makes me a better pilot :)

      Delete
  2. congratulations on sticking that landine, whew! Those are really pretty athletic wear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bunny :) I had a flight review a few years back that happened on a tremendously windy day. The examiner was being a little cocky, and said, well, the only people who are flying today are the ones who are getting paid. The review went well and we were on our way back to land at Midway. He started commenting about how difficult the landing was going to be. Made me mad! I landed the airplane so softly that you couldn't even feel the fear touch the ground. Before he even thought, he said, "
      Oh my God!!! I can't even land an airplane like that." I felt redeemed :)

      Delete
    2. That should have been, "the gear touch the ground." God bless autocorrect :)

      Delete
  3. You seem fearless and free in the air! It's inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I don't know how fearless I am. I just deal with whatever gets thrown at me. I usually collapse later ;)

      Delete
  4. Well that was a bit of excitement! Lucky all was well. And a marathon? Now that is commitment :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice job! Is that a C172? Looks like a tail-dragger. I took some flying lessons in one of those, but never solo'd. I was only taking flying lessons while I was waiting on my knee to recover from ACL surgery, so I could go back to jumping out of the C182 ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's a 172. I was in line to sky dive and the winds picked up and they canceled the jump. Never went back. Maybe one day :) You are a very brave person!

      Delete
    2. Perhaps foolhardy is a better description :-) The only reason I never solo'd when flying was because I always panic'd when it came time to land the plane ;-)

      Delete
    3. I'm so sorry to hear that. Hey, any gal that can jump out of an airplane has more nerve than she may even know :)

      Delete
  6. You really are an amazing woman, Rhonda.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Running marathons and landing disabled aircraft...
    All in a day's work. ;-)
    High five!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's sad that you were forced to deal with that tyre problem but you proved yourself cool in a crisis! I can't imagine how that felt, but I am very glad you are ok.
    The sports wear is interesting. I like to be inconspicuous when running but maybe that will change as I improve. Above all else is comfort. We both need more though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some of that sportswear looks really covetable, cool, calm and comfortable. As for the marathon and flying, I admire your spirit. Keep all your interests going, your blogs are always so informative and interesting and I love reading them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good work on that landing! Pucker factor for sure. I love the Tory Burch pieces you have highlighted and I too find them inspirational. For me, they would be good choices for fall and early winter.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the sportswear, but love the fact that you stayed cool under pressure and are still here :). Wow! I would've freaked out! You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete